Monday, December 29, 2008

I love my kids




Every so often I am struck anew by how much I love those two little characters I am blessed to raise. They are beautiful and smart and funny and silly and oh! so loving. It hit me again tonight while I was getting them ready for bed. Ellen was standing on the bathroom counter making happy smiley faces at herself in the mirror while I fluffed her sweet blond curls til they were dry. And it just hit me how beautiful she is -- the aforementioned curls, the round, kissable cheeks, the dimples, that million watt smile, the sheer delight she finds in every thing around her. I could hold her down and smooch her from now til forever and it wouldn't be enough. And Sam, with those mile long eyelashes and big blue-green eyes and impish grin and silly sense of humor, laughing as I mussed his hair into a spiky mess with the hair dryer. They enrich my life every day in so many unfathomable ways. Yeah, occasionally they wear me out, but how in the world did I live before I had them? What did I do all day? (I think I must have slept a lot, because that's one thing I sure don't do enough of now.) How did I survive without the daily joy they bring to me? I am amazed every day by their intelligence and love and perception. I love my kids.

1 comment:

Kelli said...

What a sweet, sappy mom. Like you, I often wonder I did before we had kids. Oh, the sweet after bath before bed moments. Cherish them. Remember them. Soon it will be, "Do I really have to get a shower? I took one last night. I'm talking to somebody on the computer."