Saturday, December 27, 2008

Oh yeah, that's why!

I am an avid avoider of romantic movies. Give me a good sci-fi, action, fantasy, crime caper or even a comedy. I don't want to watch anything, heartwarming, moving, touching, or whatever. I just don't need that kind of freefloating drama in my life. But, since it is Saturday and there is NOTHING on TV, I ended up watching The Notebook, which may be the all time champion of sappy movies. It started out ok -- the lead actor is a cutie and had some really good chemistry with the lead actress. But of course, instead of living happily ever after, they have to end the movie by DYING together in their sleep. In the nursing home where they are living because she has senile dementia and doesn't remember him except for about 5 minutes every week or so. So now I'm sitting on my couch sniffing back tears. Gah! I knew there was a reason I avoid movies like this!

No comments: