Wednesday, December 10, 2008

These Are a Few of My Favorite Things

I had a pretty frustrating day today, and came home in a not-so-great mood. That mood evaporated fairly quickly once I was with Anthony and the kids, and I got to thinking about some of the things that cheer me up, make me happy, and otherwise brighten my day.

  • Ellen singing nonsense syllables in the back of the car on the way home from daycare. No idea what the song was, but it was definitely a song.
  • Sam playing with my hair.
  • Waking up with Anthony spooned up against my back and his arm thrown across me.
  • Shopping trips with my Mom.
  • A plate of really excellent spaghetti.
  • Seeing how much my children adore each other. That will last long after I've shuffled off this mortal coil.
  • Curling up with a good book.
  • Sleeping late.
Those are just a few of the things that I am so very thankful for this evening.

2 comments:

Kelli said...

Wow, sometimes it is so easy to all grumpy over a bad or stressful day. Thanks for the reminder to appreciate the "little" things that mean so much.

Valerie said...

Yesterday the main thing I was fretting over was finances. . . it occurred to me later, listening to Ellen singing in the car, that the best things are the ones that money can't buy.