Sunday, November 16, 2008

Dothan




Sam and I have just gotten back from an over night trip to Dothan to visit my brother and his growing family. We got to meet Taylor for the first time and I am happy to report that she is every bit as wonderful as I expected. She is so dainty, with long slender fingers and feet and an adorable dimple. Brad and Gayle are absolutely head over heels for her. And Sam is utterly smitten. We got some great pictures of him with new baby cousin.

When he saw her left hand for the first time, I tried to explain to him that it was a little different than most people's. "It's special," I told him.

He grasped her (normal) right hand. "This one is special too!" he said. How wonderful that all he could see was his precious baby cousin, perfect just as she is. It's too bad that more adults don't have that same sort of tunnel vision.



2 comments:

Kelli said...

How adorable!! Those pictures are so sweet!
That is just precious that he said her "normal" hand is special too. Sometimes kids are the ones who make the most profound observations.

Kelli said...

Oh, I meant to add earlier Sam is adorable!! He is cute, even if he does look a good bit like his dad ;}