Friday, May 15, 2009

Babysitting

I got to spend some quality time with Taylor Wednesday night. . . Brad and Gayle asked if I could watch her for a few hours while they took in dinner and a movie. Since they have kept my kids so often that I owe them about a year's worth of uninterrupted childcare, and since Taylor is the sweetest little peanut on the planet, I happily said "Duh. See you at 7." So they dropped her off and headed out, and the kids and I got to hang with our TaterBug for a while.

It was soooooooo much fun.

She grinned, she laughed, she cooed, she chewed on her own feet. She scooted around my living room at the speed of light and tried to eat one of Sam's shoes. Sam and Ellen couldn't leave her alone; I think Ellen sighed "Aww, Baby Taylor!" and hugged her about ten times the first five minutes she was there. Sam baby talked her and tickled her belly. It was awesome. When she finally fell asleep she snuggled up on my shoulder and went out in about 3.2 seconds, and then she slept on a Boppy pillow til her parents arrived to reclaim her. I hope we get to keep her again soon!

No comments: